Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Awaiting Agent, Editor, or Both

I am currently in a holding pattern until I can obtain a literary agent or catch the eye of an editor at a publishing house.  Meanwhile, back on the farm, I am endeavoring to reach out to various memoir editors and at least see what types of memoirs they have published.  Out of eight editors that I contacted, only one, yes one, responsded to say she still needed me to have a literary agent before she could look at my material.  I told her I fear I may not be able to obtain one until the afterlife.  Seriously!  Meanwhile, back on the farm, I continue to endeavor to read a selection of memoirs I wouldn't normally or otherwise read.  I am doing this with the notion that I can hone my craft or at least get a feel for my competition.  Will be back with another memoir review shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment