Friday, April 19, 2013

Anxieties Of Publishing

Well, since I'm still awaiting a verdict on my memoir manuscript from several publishers, I can say that this experience (getting a book published) has been extremely anxiety provoking.  In fact, the last time I felt this much anxiety was waiting in the prep unit of Emory Hospital to be taken back for eye surgery due to Uveitic Glaucoma.  Seriously.  You have no way of knowing which way the tide will turn; in your favor or against you.  I can thoroughly understand now why so many writers are turning to self-publishing; it's easier and they can get on with their next manuscript.  This morning I had a return email on a query I sent to a literary agent dated July 14th, 2012!  I had already deleted the agency from my prospective literary agent list.  In the meantime, I am coping with anxiety by writing a third manuscript about my days spent teaching in an inner city school, sending out more material to publishers and agents, and reading voraciously.  God Speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment