Thursday, August 16, 2018

R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Find Out What It Means To Me

Dear Lit Loves,

I just wanted to give my heartfelt admiration here online to the queen of soul, Aretha Franklin.  I was just informed she has died at the tender age of seventy-six.  She was the first woman inducted into the Rock n'Roll Hall of Fame.  She stood up for civil rights and feminists with her song, RESPECT.  I remember singing it as a little girl with my best friend;  we were inspired and fired up.  And frankly, I think respect is what most of us are looking for these days when it is so hard to come by with all the vitriol and hatred in the world today.  I hope I do as much as I can to spread Aretha Franklin's message.  And I urge literary agents to also give new writers a chance to earn a little RESPECT by signing a little-known writer who could perhaps continue to carry on a legacy of teaching RESPECT in a world gone wild.  Rest in peace, Aretha Franklin.  I will always remember you and your inspiration.

Best,
Grace
(Amy)

No comments:

Post a Comment