Sunday, September 14, 2014

Are You My Acquiring Editor?





Dear Lit Lovies,
 I'm waiting to see who is going to be my acquiring editor because I've written five manuscripts in three years.  And yes, you read that correctly.  I'm putting the final touches on my latest manuscript.  Which editor is going to find the diamond in the hay stack?  Will he/she be from Random House, Kensington Books, Simon and Schuster, or Globe Pequot Press?  Doesn't matter to me.  My priority is getting the material out there.  I write about life's sticky subjects:  domestic violence, secrecy, healthcare, rivalry, the tyranny of corporate America, life, death, and all those other topics of endless commentary and fascination.  I've got the next Tuesdays With Morrie that's geared for women.  Some lucky editor and agent will discover that this author is the exception to the rule or realize they have the winning lottery ticket.  Until then, I'm just being patient and getting my manuscripts scripted into the proper format. 

Kindly,
Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment